Hotel Heide Residenz
Sander Straße 37
D - 33106 Paderborn
T: +49 05254 95 65 - 0
F: +49 05254 95 65 - 950
Sights in Paderborn
- Erzbischöfliches Diözesanmuseum und Domschatzkammer (Archiepiscopal diocesan museum and treasure-house of the cathedral) - important collection with approx. 6000 exhibits of religious art since the 10th century and regular special exhibitions like e.g. the Kunigunden-exhibition. Major work is the Imad Madonna from the 10th century.
- Heinz Nixdorf MuseumsForum - the biggest computermuseum of the world, in which the history of information technology from its beginnings 5000 years ago over typewriters and calulators up to today´s technology is presented on 6000 qm. Further there are a lot of events with the topic of information technology organized.
- Museum für Stadtgeschichte (museum for the history of the city) - finds, files, and cultural items like e.g. an etching collection of Heinrich Aldegrevers and a collection of coins from Paderborn in the oldest half-timbered house, the "Adam und Eva Haus", in Paderborn.
- Museum in der Kaiserpfalz (museum in the imperial palace) - in the reconstructed imperial palace of the 11th century with auditorium, headwaters and imperial palace´s chapels the excavation finds of the time of Charlemagne as well as other finds are exhibited.
- Historisches Museum im Marstall (Schloß Neuhaus) (Historical museum) - in this part of the castle of Schloß Neuhaus the political, social, religous and economical development of today´s part of town Schloß Neuhaus from the Stone Age to nower days are presented.
- Naturkundemuseum im Marstall (Schloß Neuhaus) (museum of natural histoy) - typical habitats of the Paderboner Land like e.g. forrests, moorland or wetland with their characteristic plants and animals are presented.
- Städtische Galerie in der Reithalle (Schloß Neuhaus) (Civic gallery in the indoor riding school) -constant travelling exhibition, which is always high-graded though the entry is free.
- history of the construction of the former princebiscopial Residenz Schloß Neuhaus - the different phases of construction of the castle are documentaded illustratively.
- Städtische Galerie (Civic gallery)- regular travelling exhibitions with modern art as well as a extensive collection of print graphics, watercolours and drawings of German Expressionists.
- Paderborn, Deutsches Traktoren- und Modellautomuseum (German tractor and model car museum) - the website of the museum offers a virtual walk through the exhibition, completed by viasitors´ advices and information concerning events and the support association.
theatre, opera and concerts